Alkemia collects certain Personal Information so that we can understand how to make our site and our perfumes better for you. Here is what we information gather and why:
- Which webpages/products you like to look at on our site and how you interact with our site. This helps us make beautiful pages that are fun to browse and lets us know when we’ve made things confusing or need to do better.
- Where you are (IP address, time zone, etc.) and how you found us (search terms, referral websites, etc.). This helps us better understand how you connect with us and also it’s really cool seeing how many people in different countries come to visit us and how perfume can bring us together.
- If you buy something, we securely collect order information so you can pay and we can send your order to you.
How we gather Personal Information:
- Cookies: These are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org. Sadly there are no chocolate chips involved in any of this.
- Log files: Nowhere near as exciting as the captain’s log files on Star Trek, but these files map interactions that happen on our site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, pixels: These record how you browse our site and help us find ways to make our site easier for you to navigate around and find things.
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
When you place an order, we gather Order Information from you. This includes your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (like credit/debit card numbers, Paypal info, etc.), email address, and phone number. We use this information to process your payment, ship your order to the right address, and send you order confirmation and order tracking information. Sometimes we also use this information to communicate with you to make sure we have your order right, alert you if something seems wrong (like your credit card is getting flagged), confirm that you are you and that your order will get to you (e.g. your IP address seems far away from where your order is going to be delivered), and if you indicate you’re interested, send you more information about Alkemia, including things like updates on new releases and sales. When you place an order through our site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
One more thing… like all businesses we have to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and we take that part seriously. If we get a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request or we need to otherwise protect our rights we may share your Personal Information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access any Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (like fulfilling an order through our site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a request, suggestion, or complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
145 University Drive Unit 2728 Amherst, MA 01004