The Alkemia 2023 Holiday Gift Guide
This post highlights some of our best-loved seasonal offerings for your perusal and hopefully your (and your recipient's) delight. Need help selecting the perfect perfume? Check out our guide to choosing perfume perfumes with confidence. Feeling overwhelmed? Our guide to holiday gift shopping for the overwhelmed and/or indecisive can help you untangle the stress.
Alkemia Holiday Gift Ideas & Highlights of the Season
2023 Winter Love Songs Collection - $20-45 USD
Our newest perfume collection of olfactory nocturnes, arias, and serenades is available as samples, extraits, and EDPs.
- Attorney for Lost Souls: Swirls of Vespers mass incense, rich in Zanzibar clove, Sacra frankincense, and Coptic myrrh, gently interlace with dried citrus peel, neroli petals, and guaiacum.
- Dust of Snow: Fresh fallen snow falling from bare tree branches, subtle whispers of hemlock pine, galbanum, ginger, lemonwood, witch hazel flowers, and damp wool.
- Encircling Flame: An illuminating radiance of glowing golden milk elixir infused with vanilla pods, candied ginger, Kanyakumari cloves, brown sugar, and santal.
- Evening Song: A beckoning blanket of sensual cashmere, warm cardamom, velvety myrrh, Madagascar vanilla bean, and orris root infused with memories of woodsmoke and melted candlewax.
- The Lady’s Yes: An elegantly feminine enigma of fresh fig, magnolia flowers, mesmerizing amber, and sophisticated white sandalwood. Captivatingly elusive.
- Winterling: An embrace of fresh bed linens ironed with French lavender water, rose-mint tea, spiced vanilla, blue lotus, green cedar, lignon berries, aromatic juniper wood, and tendrils of frost.
Seasonal Festive Fragrances - $18-45 USD
Our collection of seasonal perfumes highlight the winter holiday season and weave a rich and varied sensory tapestry.
In perfumes like Dust of Snow and Ammil, the clean smell of freshly fallen snow mingles with elements like hemlock pine and musk to evoke nature's serenity. Perfumes like Magpie's Rhyme, Persian Tearoom, Smoke and Mirrors, and Ambrosia bring us indoors where the air is filled with the sweet and spicy notes of lovingly prepared holiday treats and the woodsmoke from crackling fireplaces. The invigorating earthiness of pine trees in Ydalir, Falling Stars at Winter Solstice, and Forest Patchouli reminds us of the enduring beauty of nature amidst the colder months. Winter also calls for cozy, intimate scents like Winter Sanctuary, Bronze and Blaze, and Afterglow and invitingly warm romantic perfumes like our best-selling Enchantress, Virtue of Desire, and Silken Tent.
Customizable Gift Set - $35 USD (retail value $60)
While supplies last, we are offering a special customizable Holiday Gift Set of selected seasonal perfumes. Each set of three comes in a small golden gift bag.
Alkemia Introductory Sample Set - $30
Our introductory sample set is a perfect way to introduce someone to Alkemia's offerings. The set includes samples of nine of our most beloved perfumes and a special postcard detailing scent notes and ideas for creatively using our perfumes to scent your world.
Themed Sample Sets - $20 USD
Premade sample sets are a fun and easy way to explore a variety of our perfumes, scent notes, and fragrance aesthetics. Build Your Own sample sets allow you to customize samples to fit your recipient's personality and interests, highlight a theme, or communicate a special message.
Gifting sample sets at a small group gathering provides an excellent opportunity for a "fragrance soirée," where guests can compare each other's samples and discuss their favorite scents.
Perfume Scent Lockets - $25 USD
Perfume lockets are an old-fashioned way to wear your favorite Alkemia Perfumes. They are all stainless steel with a magnetic locking door, and come with a fashionable black silk ribbon chain and a small scent pad for adding drops of your favorite perfume oil.
Lockets are an especially good way to wear perfumes if you need to temporarily take off your perfume for scent-free environments. Scent lockets can also be hung in a car, locker, or placed in a dresser drawer.
Pheromone Alchemy C24 - $30 USD
Know someone who dreads holiday parties or who is worried about being with their own or their partner's family for the holidays? C24 is a pheromone elixir to inspire comfort, intimacy, and warm feelings in others. It encourages deepened bonding/affection in existing relationships, catalyzes new friendships, and inspires greater social conviviality. For the more introverted or shy, it works as a "social rescue remedy" making connecting with people easier.
Perfume Fixative - $18-30 USD
Our exclusive perfume fixative ($18 USD) will enhance the longevity of any perfumes that are too ephemeral. Our fixative is now available in an alcohol-free spray format ($30 USD) that can work as a base layer for any EDP or cologne.
Single Layering Notes - $20-45 USD
A set of single layering note perfumes either as a sample set ($20 USD) or in bottles ($20-$45 USD) will let your favorite perfume lover customize the perfumes in their fragrance wardrobe to match their moods or the seasons, experiment with making their own fragrance creations, rekindle romances with perfumes that have become boring, or add their favorite scent element. Single layering notes are also beloved by people who prefer simple, unfussy perfumes. Our newest single layering notes are Vanille and Tabac.
Special Reserves - $30-50 USD
For connoisseurs and people who delight in the finer things, bottles or samples of special reserves like dark-fruited Cherries of Night, glowing Ambre de Amour, uniquely compelling Spiritus Fumosus, honey-sexy Love Song of Shui Sin, or incense-laden Gifts of the Magi make memorable gifts.
Sample Sets + Gift Cards: The Fail-Safe Formula for Secret Santa, Multi-recipient/Group Gift Situations, and Last Minute Gifts
"When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed."
- Maya Angelou
Wishing you blessings of the seasons and happy holidays
(whichever and however many you celebrate)!
-- Love from everyone at Alkemia Perfumes
- Dreaming of Christmas by Charles Burchfield, 1947
- Vintage 19th-century greeting card
- Angel with Tree by Rafael Kirchner, 1901
- Girl with Mantilla by Jan Frederik Pieter Portielje, c. late 19th century
- Christmas Eve Dinner in Sweden by Carl Larsson, 1917
- The Artist at Work by Fred Pegram, 1928
- Circe by Beatrice Offor, 1911
- Still Life with Jewelry by A. Pollack, 1907
- Christmas 1920 by Norman Rockwell, 1920
- Vintage New Year holiday card, c. 1900